Swords of the Coast
These are rules that will be enforced when we play and are not official or from the DnD books:
- Healers kits give advantage on stabilization checks. They are no longer auto successes.
- After three successful Death Saving Throws your character is unconscious and stable. During a stable unconscious turn you roll a D20 and add your Constitution Modifier. If your total roll is 20 or higher you are back in the game with 1 HP. If you roll a Nat 20 you are automatically back in.
- Every other diagonal move it double. First one is at normal speed.
- As an action you can try to Disarm someone. Make either a Strength or Dexterity challenge vs the character. If you win they drop an item of your choice.
- As an action you can try to Overrun an opponent. Make either a Strength or Dexterity challenge vs the character. If you win you can move through an opponent’s space as rough terrain.
- There is not average option for Hit Points gained on a level up. You must roll a Hit Dice.
- Long rest restores full Hit Dice but no Hit points. You can use your current Hit Dice, regain the Health, then regain all Hit Dice, then spend the new Hit Dice if needed.
- Rolling a one is a Critical Fail. Instant miss and a chance that something ‘bad’ will happen.
- Additional uses of inspiration:
- Use it to bring a zero HP, death saving, ally back to their feet with one HP (touch)
- Inspiration points can also be used as an EXTRA bonus action
- Use it to turn a short rest into a long rest effect wise
- Use it to spend a hit die to regain HP. Hit die is expended.
- Use inspiration to stand from being prone
- Crit’s: max weapon damage roll plusan extra roll. So the minimum damage you do on a Crit is max weapon damage plus 1.
- When a minor (DM) creature Crit they auto hit and get max damage. No extra roll.
- Ability Score Increase Level: You may gain +1 to two abilities, +2 to one abilities, a feat, or a proficiency in ANY two things of their choosing; but they must give some information from their past or recent events that explains why their character’s have these bonus.
- Familiars go on your turn.